Denture & Partial Denture Care
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be removed nightly and placed in soaking solution or water.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use a non-abrasive denture cleaner instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Clean you mouth after removing your dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Always thoroughly rinse the denture before placing it in your mouth, especially if using a denture-soaking solution.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.